Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

What would you say is a definitie no-no?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For those starting out..i think those of us with some experience should give a helping hand. What would you say are some dilemmas that should be avoided at all costs? Save some people from falling into the same old traps…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unimaginative sites – if you start a new site with exactly the same type content and approach as thousands of other sites offer already, how do you plan to compete with them?

Be original. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

well, i would probably nominate not to steal content. try writing your own, pay someone to do it, get your friend to do it, or whatever…

probably another thing is to stay clear of programs that you are not sure about. don’t just sign up for anything you can find. do some research upfront otherwise you will end up throwing money (time) down the drain when one of those programs doesn’t pay you…so, even if cpays gives you 90% for the first 3 months, it probably is not a good idea to sign up with them…its a trick mate! :flush:

can’t think of anything else now…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Starting out in this industry can be tricky, what works for some people doesn’t work for others, so it’s a continuous trial and error game :)

What Splinter said is totally true, research, research and research more before you sign up with a program, read all threads regarding a property here on CAP, GPWA, and Google too, so if there are too many complaints about a program then it is probably a no-no in most cases.

And: don’t put all your eggs in one basket, try to diversify among programs and (maybe) among industries too – having a non-gambling website cannot hurt if you can afford the time to build one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do not try to buy your way into it, wont work

Do not buy the following as its allcrap

– Content
    – Traffic
    – E-mail lists (Illegal BTW)

Build what you would want to go to for your information.. Dont enter this field to make a ton of miney, you will be dissapointed quickly and will most likely give up, instead enter it to make a positive impact.

I think allfreechips is right on it, don’t buy something that is more than likely illegal or outdated, also look out for deals that offer ridiculous amounts like splinterfree said if it’s around 90% its too good to be true.
    Think about it anything over 50% and they’re losing money so allot of companies out there say things like 60% Rev Share but then take 10 fees to get their $$ back.
    Research, especially here on CAP check out reviews and program details it will save you so much time and money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d have to disagree with some of those – I don’t think things like content or even email lists are a definite no-no. There are good, legitimate content writers out there who do great work (for a price, of course), and email spam is illegal but using opt-in newsletter ads I’ve heard can be quite effective. Though it’s true what allfreechips said, don’t try to rush things by throwing money around willy-nilly.

One thing I’d add to the list is agreeing to be a part of those spammy three-way linking deals that always wind up in your spam folder. Google isn’t fooled, and they definitely aren’t designed to benefit you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would say don’t take the fast track and make sure you do your own work or if you hire a content writer be sure they are not using others content. Stay away from spamming and doing black hat seo.

Like Dom said being unique is a big plus, in this biz there is a lot of competition and you want your visitors to keep coming back. I always went to her for advice when first starting out and there are many others on the forum that are happy to help as well. :hattip:

triplecrown

A definite no-no would be steeling content. That’s common sense to most, but the absolute worst thing a new webmaster could do to kill his/her chances of success is steeling content.

Other than that, I’d go along with allfreechips and Dom.

Don’t buy your way in. Do it through due diligence and research. Come up with a unique spin or niche.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)