Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

What is scraping?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a lot of talk about scaping on the 888 thread. I am the person responsible for content and marketing and as a result do not have technical expertise, i was just wondering if someone coud explain it to me. Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simply put … Scraping is …

It’s when someone takes your words and your content and uses it as their own work. It’s plagerism – the stealing of someone elses work.
    :unhappy:

Anonymous
    Inactive

its a scumbag move

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is done using a program and then tens of thusands of pages are generated with your content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s when someone takes your words and your content and uses it as their own work. It’s plagerism – the stealing of someone elses work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scraping is a complex issue that most of us are reluctant to explain. We want honest webmasters to remain honest. Scraping has many forms the most popular form is spider scripting. A spider is sent out over the net grabbing snippets of information from websites. What they usually grab is your domain and chucks of your description tag or title.

This is content theft or basically Plagerism. Also against all SE’s policies and quidelines. I prefer to be brief on the matter. greek39

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the help guys, it will help me understand some of the other posts better. It’s a shame we live in a world of cheating stealing and general underhand tactics, even more prevelant in our industry than any other.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)