Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Website Design Questions

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a few different questions that I am hoping someone can answer.

1)On my index page of http://www.gamblersland.com the DaVinci’s Gold banner does not show what it is supposed to, it is pretty much blank. Does anyone know what causes this?

2)When viewing the site in FireFox the curved image directly under my logo is out of place. Some of my other pages have this problem and some of them don’t. Does anyone know what would cause this?

3)When viewing the site in FireFox the tables all line up to the left instead of the middle as they do in IE. The tables use CSS and the follwing is from the CSS file that they use.

.main { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 95%; margin-left: 5px}

I have tried removing the margin-left but it has no effect. Does anyone know what causes this?

Any help or information on these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Firefox displays EXACTLY what is instructed in your CSS. I would try adjusting the “margin-left: 5px” to a greater or lesser value until it looks right in firefox and IE as well. BTW the davinci banner showed fine for me in both FF and IE.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi,

you could try changing it to a percentage but you’ll never get it render exactly the same in all browsers, versions, screen res… etc…

just add the (deprecated) center tags before and after each table or a group or tables (note:The center element is not supported in XHTML 1.0 Strict)

[HTML]

banners

banners

[/HTML]You don’t even need the closing center tag but I usually include it.

Also maybe set the table’s cellpadding to 2 or 3 and/or the cellspacing to 1 or 2 as well so the text doesn’t butt up against the cell border.

And if you want to get rid of the blue border around some banners like Vegas Splendido for instance add the border=”0″ attribute to the image tag.

I hate when the affiliate programs omit it in their code.
    Cheers,
    Slotplayer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your replies.

I don’t know why some images don’t show correctly for me. It seems that several images that have motion don’t display correctly. Maybe it is some security setting or something else on my computer.

I have actually tried adding

before each table but there was not a change. It works if I remove the class .main in the table, but I am hoping to keep that. I have found something on the web about centering tables using CSS. I am going to try that and see if it works.

If you are using FireFox, were you able to see the image that is out of place to the far left and under the logo? This may be something else unique to my machine, I don’t know. It isn’t like that in IE, only FireFox.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try removing the paragraph tags around the image:

As for the images.. if you are running norton internet security, mcafee internet security suite, etc.. the images will be blocked because the src has the word banner in it. URL’s with the word banner in it will be blocked as well.

as always, just my two cents

Anonymous
    Inactive

da vinci showing all right here in firefox

Anonymous
    Inactive

flash banners need a plug-in for Mozilla based browsers like NS and Firefox, bet Opera is similiar.

https://addons.mozilla.org/plugins/

dump the flash banners!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok,

I copied your page into an html editor.

change .main { margin-left 5px } to

margin: auto }

works in all the 4 browsers I have installed.

cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

I cannot believe the image was showing incorrectly because of the

tag or more importantly, I can’t believe I missed that.:crazy: Anyway, it is now fixed. Thanks for catching that.

The margin: auto fixed the table issue and saved me a lot of time. Thanks for telling me about this modification.

As far as my images not showing up, I’m still not sure of that. I can view the flash images, but I am going to remove them. I don’t want any visitors not being able to view my banners. I do have McAfee IS, but I don’t think this is the problem because there are only a few banners that don’t work. The only ones I cannot view on my index page are the Poker.com and the DaVinci. I have no problem with most, even some others that move. As long as my visitors can see them, that’s all that matters. If anyone else has any ideas on this please let me know.

Once again, thanks to all for your help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)