Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Using Content Management scripts like Mambo

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, what do you think of using scripts like mambo to create portal sites? Do SE’s crawl sites using CM’s like mambo, xoops, php nuke, etc?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My first site was created with Mambo. If you use that portal, make sure to get Xaneon Extensions which creates SEO Friendly URLS.

It was alright, but I found it a chore to publish information from a database onto the page. I had to write my own custom modules and components in php to do some of that.

If you are looking to add content (not from a database) and banners / links – it’s great. It is very easy to do such things once you know your way around the CMS.

My second site I created from scratch. I had a lot more control over all aspects of SEO that way.

kw

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recommend to use Textpattern (http://www.textpattern.com), it is a very good system, and because of the XHTML and CSS usage it is great for SEs too. It could implement clean se friendly url’s, and the SEs could crawl every page it renders. It has a great community and a lot of plugin if you would like to use special features.

I used it in several projects and the only side-effect was high search engine ranking :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t have any problems ranking on SEs with Mambo either, but maybe I will take a look at textpattern also..

Although, I do enjoy creating from scratch… I feel like I have more control, but I miss some of the automatic CMS functionality.

kw

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried Textpattern but staying with mambo for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)