Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Struggling to get sign ups to freerolls

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Last week my freeroll went well as i just gave out the password and it filled up.

This week we have set limits on it with them having to become members on the forum with 10 posts and then we will release the password to them before it starts.

Now nobody is joining up or really posting as we would have liked ok freerolls only $100 this time but we have a few lned up and a lot of works went into it. i would hate to see it not go ahead as i cant even pull in 15 ppl to join it.

My question is do i run it like this or not how do others do it is the password available to them as the just become members or do you have other methods.

I do have newsletter subscribers which i was thiking an hour befre it starts send out mail saying password is now available to all member son forum or should i keep it as it is and persevere untill we can build the community up.

Maybe ive jumped into it to soon maybe?

I spent a bit on press releases yesterday so im hoping this helps it. Can it be the poker room its at Ocean.

Any ideas appreciated.

Kev

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a lil secret ;) hehe

I ‘require’ 4 posts during the week of the tournament to recieve the password, and I get a buncha activity whenever I have a tournament as a result…

However, I don’t count the freakin posts :P Who has time for that! lol.. Many people just follow the rule, those that don’t I’m sure they realize they don’t ‘really’ have to ;) ..

Also.. I never email the password, I email a link to the post or page where the password can be found, there you will also find step by step directions as to how to register..

First click the banner.. then sign up.. then go to multi tourney tab.. then etc etc etc .. with a note telling users that already have an acct to skip steps 1 and 2..

This always brings them wherever I want them to be.. and never to the same place twice, so they actually do have to at the very least visit the site to get a password :)

~LadyH

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that any yea actually counting posts stuff that lol.

will see how i get on lowering it and then emailing that password has been released for ones on x posts and link to the thread.

Obviouslty people have to be members to see the thread?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have my passwords visible to members only. I just took a look at your forum. I would edit the TBD Freeroll forum permissions so that only registered members can view the posts.

So, a visitor should be able to see the freeroll forum, and should be able to see the topics inside the forum, but when they click the topic (fr password) they will receive a message that this topic is for members only.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)