Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Stealing website

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m using a dedicated server and I’ve just noticed someone using their domain but showing my website.

Is there a way in the server logs or whatever that would show any abuse of such a thing?

dalster44 wrote:
    Hi,

I’m using a dedicated server and I’ve just noticed someone using their domain but showing my website.

Is there a way in the server logs or whatever that would show any abuse of such a thing?
    Yes there should, if there’s a control panel like cPanel installed on the server check the access logs. If they use any content on your server [1] you would be able to see it and [2] also able to lock them out quite easily. Just make sure your domain is the only domain in the ‘hotlink protect images’ section of cPanel.

But that’s cPanel, I am sure if you have no (or any other) control panel your dedicated server provider is able to help you out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

When I download my access logs I get a DOS script, is this correct?

When I click it, nothing happens, just a quick flash?

Is there a command (string) to enter via SSH?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try changing the extension to something .doc and it will become viewable in word or try the excel extension. I have never really learned how to view the access logs correctly. All I can see in them is the same info I see in my last 300 visitors. If you learn how to do this the right way let a brother know will ya.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)