Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Site panelized

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

HI, this question also rose in the general discussion ,

our site http://www.toponlinegambling.com has been panelized by Yahoo, do you think it would be wise to copy all the content to another URL and submit it ONLY to Yahoo ? Not MSN or Google?

We will change all the linking to JavaScript redirection pages today, how do we “hide” these pages from S.E’s in Robot.txt ?

I will create a folder called /ADV and make pages like /ADV/1.html for redirects will that work?

vladcizsol

Yahoo is wild. Many of my sites appear and disapear there magically for no apparent reason. I dont do anything bordering on blackhat, but I seemingly get whacked for no apparent reason by the Yahooers only to return again months later.

Totally bizzare behavior by their engine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you think that hiding the links would have any impact on this?

vladcizsol

I have sites which use redirects and sites which feature straight affiliate links so far it does not appear to be as big a factor as some SEO forums would have you believe.

I can show you well placed sites in Google and Yahoo with careful redirects, piles of unique content and a minimum of links pointing to external sources.

I can also show you sites in Google and Yahoo (higher ranked then the “well designed sites” )with shitloads of straight affiliate links, no real content, hideous designs and keyword stuffed pages.

Its hard to tell exactly what will work and what wont at any given time.

Most of us would like to believe that this is an exact science and if we could somehow, someway “crack” the Search Engine algorythems we would retire fabulously wealthy in six months…. Having been a full time affiliate marketer since 1998 I can tell you that’s a pipe dream.

The real truth is we build sites, we add content, we exchange links and sometimes we get lucky and get some nice ranking for a period of time. We are thrilled with the upswing in income and ride it for as long as we can, then the Search Engine Gods frown on us for a time and we do a lot of soul searching and forum reading wondering what we did wrong until the next site or sites get their turn in the sun.

My recommendation is build the highest quality site you can, write as much unque content as you can, exchange links with other quality sites. Then do it all over again. Look at online marketing as a job you do consistently over and over. Do occasional updates to your growing number of sites (dont do it too often or that actually hurts your rankings) and keep a stream of new sites in the pipeline. Some will hit, most wont, but if you’re lucky, enough will be “in the sun” each month to make you a nice living.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the detailed reply, I will definitely be getting back to work.

Our goal when we started this whole thing was to think less of straight SEO and more on just writing a lot of content and minimal design efforts. reading your piece it seems that we were in the right track.

Our focus will definitely move back to content + back links.

Have a good day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)