Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Search Engine Optimization

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pqeqnjzv

I’m still to learn the tricks of the trade.

I tried to add a few reciprocal links on my homepage to gambling directories/portals but doesn’t seem like my link was added to THEIR sites!!! So links are sitting there doing nothing pretty much!

I linked to Google, MSN and Yahoo which I heard was a good idea. We’ll see.

Apart from that, how do you find sites that are relevant to you? Just by Googling your keywords for your site or something and seeing what comes up top?

It’s still a long time since I was visited by GoogleBot – 8 days ago.. and still my old pages aren’t indexed, let alone the changed ones!

Full steam ahead!

Thanks for all of your time.

neophyte

@bc4u 159258 wrote:

I’m still to learn the tricks of the trade.

1. I tried to add a few reciprocal links on my homepage to gambling directories/portals but doesn’t seem like my link was added to THEIR sites!!! So links are sitting there doing nothing pretty much!

2. I linked to Google, MSN and Yahoo which I heard was a good idea. We’ll see.

Apart from that, how do you find sites that are relevant to you? Just by Googling your keywords for your site or something and seeing what comes up top?

It’s still a long time since I was visited by GoogleBot – 8 days ago.. and still my old pages aren’t indexed, let alone the changed ones!

Full steam ahead!

Thanks for all of your time.

1 – is not ideal.. try to get a 3-way link exchange…
    2. – This is not optimal. If your site deals with red widgets, link to an authority site on red-widgets.

frankBP

@alexross 159259 wrote:

If your site deals with red widgets, link to an authority site on red-widgets.

Should those links also be ‘nofollow’ed?

BTW Alex, you clearly know what you’re talking about. Are you available for freelance consultancy work?

neophyte

@Fortune Palace 159261 wrote:

Should those links also be ‘nofollow’ed?

BTW Alex, you clearly know what you’re talking about. Are you available for freelance consultancy work?

I would only nofollow them if the page I link to is likely to is in direct competition with sites objectives. Linking to the authority site is good until your site is more trusted [in the eyes of the search engines] imo.. Once It’s reasonably trusted and well indexed, you can scrap the authority Site OBL.

Linking is in the spirit of the internet too :)

I think it’s good to have at least one or two nofollowed OBLs on your pages.. Interestingly IIRC one of the Terms in Google adwords is that each landing page should have at least one outbound link. Maybe that adds to the trust of any page?

re consultancy, yep I do offer some SEO consultancy services, if interested please feel free to pm me for more info/credentials.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)