Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Recovering money from US person?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gamesdex

Hi,

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I had an arrangement with a person in the US who I had done some work with in the past to complete some SEO and related services. Unfortunately, he seems to have changed somewhat and after receiving payment never got around to doing the work agreed. He would constantly assure me it would get done, but in the end I just asked for the return of the funds, at which point he has stopped replying to any emails.

It’s not a great deal of money, but obviously not best pleased. It is the principle that matters. I am in the UK so am a bit distant, but is there a way to recover the money, through legal channels? I have a known name, address, number, etc.

Any advice would be well received either via thread or PM.

Unless this matter is resolved within a couple days I will post this guys details in a lot of places so no-one else falls for this.

John

Anonymous

Unless this matter is resolved within a couple days I will post this guys details in a lot of places so no-one else falls for this.

I’d say that should def be a concern. you may not be able to save yourself … but you can likely save others …

so yes ….. please do post this info

Anonymous
    Inactive

You may want to consider using a freelancer website to handle projects for you. Visit:

http://www.scriptlance.com
    http://www.elance.com

You can post jobs, and receive several bids on each project and then choose who you want to work with.

They keep your funds in escrow until both parties are satisfied with the work and once satisfied the funds are released and if dissatisfied the funds are returned to you.

All freelancers are also given a rating system helping you choose a good freelancer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Provided the name, address etc. are real you may be able to recover part of it via a debt collection agency

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)