Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Noobie going to work for a network. What would help you?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KamielM

Hiya,

I hope this is still the right place to post something like this, but I’m about to start a new job working for an affiliate network. Having got a techinical background, I’ll be gradually branching out into Account Management.

I was wondering whether people here would be able to offer me hints or tips based on your experience that would help me in my new role. What makes a good account manager and how do you prefer to work with them?

Cheers for your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

answer every email asap,
    dont pretent to know the answer if you dont realy know
    if you dont know the answer tell them you’ll check it out

its good you do read on this forum, it will learn you al ot

PatrickM

I came from a tech background (developing platforms for gaming) into affiliate management over four years ago. If you have any questions please let me know.

My advice? Ask people what they want, get opinions from everyone because more often than not an extra pair of eyes on an idea will help it to evolve. Always provide ways to be available like Elgoog suggested, answer emails and be honest. It sounds like a customer service trick, but if you really don’t know the answer to a client’s question, tell them that you don’t know and that you’ll find out and get right back to the client.

Also, register with a billion forums and other people’s affiliate programs, contribute and ask questions!

Finally, pay people on time and help build their revenue streams. Unfortunately glitches occur in the matrix and payment processors have been known to drop out of the market and you just have to deal with it.

BetUS taught me some valuable lessons that “You can only be certain of uncertainty“!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have fun with it. You will get a bit of variety working for a Network. Be honest and genuine.

KamielM

I’ve come from a technical background too Carlo – and very much looking forward to getting started in the affiliate market. It’s nice to meet someone who has trodden a similar path to me!

PatrickM

Give me a shout anytime. What industry will you be working in? Similar to the theme here?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes honesty and answering emails promptly are key. I don’t mind an aff manager saying he doesn’t know the answer to a question as long as he finds the info quickly and most importantly pays me on time !! :rockband:

I agree with other posters that is is very important to read this forum and others to get an idea for what affiliates are concerned about/want and then respond to that pro actively.

KamielM

Thanks for the replies – it seems honesty is the key here, which is fine by me.

Carlo;130021 wrote:
    What industry will you be working in? Similar to the theme here?

I think we’ll have a couple of gaming clients, yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)