Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

My site is up (www.betbooklist.com)

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My site is up. http://www.betbooklist.com

Can anyone review it and come with some pointers on how I can make the site better?

And maybe a tips or two about marketing for the site?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The site is clean looking, which I like. You have quite a few typos and some rough grammar if you are marketing to US players. This makes you lose credibility. Start posting in your forum and con some of your friends into posting there for a while also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your respons. I’m looking for that clean look, so it was nice to hear.

What typos? :) I’m norwegian, so it is’nt strange if I got some typos. But could you point out some typos? They are not easy for me to find. ;)

Is it true that sites with frames are harder to get listed in SEO’s?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are a few. I am not perfect myself, so I probably missed some.

not “whant” use “want”
    1st page: reviewed by players for players. Not for “you” players.
    help you choose. not help you to chose.
    discuss sportbooks “and” give and receive. not get.
    2nd page: “market” not marked
    good with “bonuses.” not bonus
    in “the US. not in US
    I think believe and really are also spelled wrong.

Hope this helps some.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! :D

But does anyone know if there’s a differense if I use frames or not when it comes to SEO ranking?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Search engine spiders have trouble with frames. If you can get rid of the frames, your site has a better chance of being spidered successfully.

I think there is a way to get around the frames problem by using a < noframes > tag in your HTML code, but I don’t know how to set that up. In my opinion, it’s best to avoid frames completely. 😎

Anonymous
    Inactive

About the frames issue, keep away from them. Don’t use that. There are other ways of doing things.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Search engine spiders have trouble with frames. If you can get rid of the frames, your site has a better chance of being spidered successfully.

This is absolutely untrue, and I have #1 and front-page rankings all over Google and the rest of the engines to prove it (including, currently, a money term in Yahoo).

There are other good reasons to stay away from frames, though. They introduce a whole host of technical problems. I’ve been converting my old sites from frames to frameless for those reasons. So I recommend against frames, but SE’s have zero problems with spidering them.

As for your site, my main suggestion is to try to offer more content besides site reviews. And whatever content you offer, put some of it on the front page. As soon as someone gets to your front page they see that you haven’t given them anything. They’re expected to dig deeper to actually get to any content. Most won’t: Check your stats and you’ll see that the overwhelming majority of your visitors don’t go deeper than page one. Why should they? You haven’t given them any reassurance that they’ll eventually find something good. I’d give them something right up front.

The only time it’s really appropriate to not have content on the front page is when the site is so massive that you need the whole front page to summarize all the stuff available on the site. But even then, you should have snippets to lead in to the longer articles, like on Wizard of Odds.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So maby I should put the list at the first page?

Any suggestion to what other content I can have on the site?

Anonymous
    Inactive

And there is another reason. The Front page is the page search engines will love the most. Put content on that page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From reading above, frames are likely bad. What about tables? Is there any problem or perceived problem with spiders and tables?
    Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tables are fine. If you want to use frames, also make a non-frames version of your site (mainly for the SE spiders to read) and put the html in tags.

So it’ll be something like…

etc…

HTML version of site

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tables are fine. If you want to use frames, also make a non-frames version of your site (mainly for the SE spiders to read) and put the html in tags.

So it’ll be something like…

etc…

HTML version of site

[/CODE][CODE]

etc…

HTML version of site

[/CODE]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks EyesCoffee. I don’t use frames at all, just a few tables.

Anonymous
    Inactive

tables are fine to use, but if you don’t use it’s better. I don’t use tables. As a CAP member remembered me a few months ago, tables are not for layout.

Well, but it was an headache to get tables off the site and to use css.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)