Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Meta tag

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    casipoke

Ok, thank you. I’ve taken them down and replaced them with various others. Appreciate the tip. icon14.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle :rasta:

supervince

I didn’t read all of the replies so not sure if this has been covered or not.

The title tag is the most important part of on page optimization, should be unique for each page, and use your main keywords you want to rank for.

The meta description is used by some search engines but is not a determining factor in ranking on google. You can achieve the same rankings with or without this tag. If you leave it out, google will use content from your page when determining a description to use for your listing. However, you definitely should use this meta description in every page and it should be optimized for click throughs. When you include the meta description, google will use it as the description for your listing. Just like when writing an adwords ad, if you have a bad description, nobody will click on your listing. I recommend up to 160 characters for the description.

The meta keywords might be still used by some search engines but doesn’t seem to make a difference with google. I haven’t noticed any difference at all in my rankings with or without the meta keywords. I normally leave the meta keywords out of my pages so its not as obvious to competitors what terms I am trying to rank for.

If in doubt, analyze the top ten websites for the keywords you want to rank for and copy them.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)