Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Look through my website please & SEO ?’s

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, Im new to this gig, im trying to set up an online poker community/way to make me some cash, my website is “done” never really, i plan to add 10 stratgy articles a day for the next week or so and more reviews, but the basic format is there, impressions from the pros would be apprecieated, my goal is a busy web site w/ revenue of 1000$ a month or so so that i can host a few members only freerolls + pay for the website costs.

I own another domain freepokersites.net which i’ll develop once i gain some experince from this endevor.

I’ve tried advertising via google and yahoo before coming here (and spent 35$ non refundable dollars on the two of them.. damnit, learn to read idiot!! ;) ). Im planning on printing out buisness card sized adverts and slipping them into all the poker books at the local B&N’s and boarders (illeagleish.. but seems somewhat effective and is free…) .. basically ive summized that the only good online advertising is Search Engine Optimization, i was looking for some tips to that regard. Also will the fact that my website is toally based in XML and therefore only has one “page” compleatly screw me with google?

PS if someone would maby make a pitty post in my empty forums i’d apprecieate it lol

http://www.allinaddicts.com
    -Chris

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lots and lots of unique content and good links are the way to SE’s hearts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unless you expect a lot of people to be searching for “all in addicts”, those shouldn’t be the first keywords in your title tag.

I think the large number of affiliate links on your homepage is going to hurt your SERP’s too. You can counterbalance that to some extent by adding actual content to the page related to the subject you want the page to be about.

It doesn’t look like you have any backlinks yet either. You need backlinks or you won’t rank in the search engines at all. Google won’t even index a site unless it has at least 1 backlink.

If you’re interested in learning about SEO, the ebook available at seobook.com is topnotch.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks i’ll check that website out, one second while i prove how big of a moron i am… whats a backlink? :withstupi

Anonymous
    Inactive

backlinks are sites that link back to you.

Strong content and sites linking to you will be a big first step

Avoid “we will submit your site to 1000” search engines as its pointless and will cause you trouble.

Unfortunatley there are no quick solutions, buy a basic book which will help give you an overview and take it from there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)