Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

International Program Managers Help!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So with all these changes in the industry some of us affiliates are really trying to hit the international market hard, and we can really use some great advice please on how to go about this best.

What keywords do you suggest and for what region? How can we go about geo targeting certain traffic? Do you offer free translations for our pages? This is just a small example of things that can help us out, I am eager to learn and get in your market so please help :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The decent thing about targetting Europe is that you have so much to go at and not only that but most countries have English as a 2nd or 3rd language so your sites are still read and understood by someone from France, Spain etc.. However, translating your sites will no doubt have a positive affect on conversions as long as the translation is true and not sent through a web translation tool.

Spend time on researching what types of games people from particular countries play, personally I would say that Europeans play more table games to slots. If you also find this is the case then try to include sections on your sites and forums tha include detailed information about the games, rules, payouts etc.

As always, offer up a newsletter to attract players to sign up with you, then mail them monthly with special offers as you would with your current lists. When doing so, if the mail is in English then keep the language simple and to the point. Slang terms mean different things in different places, for example. ‘I love fruit’ means something a whole lot different in the US than it does in the UK. :shakebutt

For translated pages check out the local search terms that you think you want to target and see the results on this to see if it is worth it. Look at competitor affiliate sites in Google and see what they are doing as this will give you an idea of what seems to work best in that area of the world.

The main thing to do is to work to your strengths and look to get help on the language front to help you progress and break in. Work on one stage at a time and build your sites gradually so not to swamp yourself.

May even look at registering new domain names such as .co.uk’s .es’s .fr etc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all the tips, I do know getting the slang terms down is key! :hattip:

Zlzmbmax
    bonustreak;187735 wrote:
    Thanks for all the tips, I do know getting the slang terms down is key! :hattip:

You’re not wrong, cocker!

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL who you calling a cocker! :roflmao:

Anonymous
    Inactive

martyn, just because you know that man u lost touch with the season, doesn’t mean you have to get all bitter and announce the secrets…man

come down under, we’ll do a puskas on you, mate :D (doesn’t involve kicking bald people) hehe

Anonymous
    Inactive

@splinterfree 187929 wrote:

martyn, just because you know that man u lost touch with the season, doesn’t mean you have to get all bitter and announce the secrets…man

come down under, we’ll do a puskas on you, mate :D (doesn’t involve kicking bald people) hehe

Hey Maun U are just lulling people into thinking that they have lost touch…mark my words…they will finish 2nd!

A puskas sounds an interesting one, although I reckon it might involve my under-crackers being pulled sharply upwards…ruining more than just my duds. :Cry:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Focusing on a particular niche such as type of player, games, offers would definitely help. Having the country specific domains does play a role to impact the prospective site visitor.

As mentioned by Martyn, special offers and promotions via newsletter in the respective languages to the registered db of prospective players might help in improving conversions.

And most importantly getting to know the smaller details of the markets that you focus on would be the key. Some countries are very particular when it comes to using online payment methods. Using this to promote the popular payment modes for player deposits of a particular market/region should give the numbers a boost.

Having the correct landing page would be one of the final obstacle to clear for that very anticipated conversion. Colors and themes used on the landing pages for a market that is being targeted does impact the required goal in a way.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bonustreak 187735 wrote:

Yeah.. not everybody is familiar with terms from other countries.

Today I was talking to an affiliate manager, will not name him because it’s Martyn, but we talked about me not being able to login.. Oh he said; schoolboy error.

Now why would you hire a schoolboy to do your work.. :S..

Zlzmbmax

The list of things that Martyn would hire a schoolboy for does not bear repeating.

The term ‘schoolboy error‘ will often be linked with the words ‘Page One‘, as in: The first thing they teach you, top of page one etc

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Chipeez 188079 wrote:

Now why would you hire a schoolboy to do your work.. :S..

The reason I hire the 7 year old is because he knows what he is doing and he does it better than I do!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the response VA! If managers can provide a list of important keywords for for each of their region that would be even more helpful. Such as for the UK maybe I would use fruit machine, awp, pub fruity etc.

meemee

Good to see not much has changed since working with Martyn nearly 3 years ago now, still making the schoolboy errors! :roflmao:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@russell@totesport 188093 wrote:

Good to see not much has changed since working with Martyn nearly 3 years ago now, still making the schoolboy errors! :roflmao:

I taught you everything I know. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

You cheeky monkeys stop derailing my useful thread and post something that is helpful :tongue:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)