Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

html help please

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

PHP makes things interactive so to speak, I’m sure it does alot more, as it’s a huge programing language, but that’s what I want it for hehe

CSS is design–

That’s your 2 minute LadyH response until someone else shows up and knows what they are talking about ;)

~LadyH

Anonymous
    Inactive

Goto w3schools for a primer on both css and php. The website for php is php.net. But I wouldn’t start there, as it can be overwhelming. There are some good css tutorials on the net, just search google for css tutorial.

CSS = Cascading Style Sheets. Basically, it’s a set of ‘style’ rules that you write into a simple text document. You can define and name ‘rules’ (ID or Classes, etc.) and then assign these ‘rules’ to sections of content on your page. These rules will define how these sections of content look to the viewer. Such as background color or pattern, text color, roll-over color, borders, padding, margins, etc. It’s flexible and powerfull, and if done right, you don’t need many tables and you can, if you wanted to, change the entire look of your site by changing the CSS file. It’s cool stuff. Start out small and don’t worry about the compex stuff just yet.

PHP = Scripting Lanquage for Web Sites. It is a combination of a processing ‘engine’ and a set of functions, operators, rules etc. Most Web Servers have some variation of PHP enabled from the get go. If a page ends with .php, then you are telling the web server to ‘parse’ the page prior to outputting content to the browser for your user to see. All the magic happens behind the scenes, in most cases very very quickly. Inside your .php page (as opposed to .html), which is just a text file with a .php extension, you can place ‘scripts’ withing ‘tags’ that let the php engine know that this is a script and it needs to be parsed, or processed. Here’s a very basic code example:

[PHP] //This is my first script
    $output = ‘Hello World!, This is my first PHP Script’;

echo $output;

//The above line ‘echos’ or prints the variable $output to the browser screen

// This is a comment. This line is ignored by the php processer.
    // Comment lines are for programmers notes.

?>[/PHP]

Not too difficult to get started! Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)