Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

How do you generate traffic?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So what are most of you guys doing to get traffic?

Is most of your traffic organic search engine traffic?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually promote my sites more on land than I do online..I am interested in the SE’s and would ofcourse love to obtain traffic from there! But I have found, that in promoting my sites onland .. so far.. most of my traffic is new to internet poker.. They are a bit more work, I might be in an IM window for an hour getting a user downloaded and set up for a game (even though there are step by step directions right there on the front page.. hehehe ) My users this way don’t tend to be “freeroll hunters” and they don’t already have an account with every poker site out there.. Also, they may start small… but I belive i end up with more deposits this way :)

I also get quite abit of reffered by traffic :)

Good Luck!
    Cathy

Anonymous
    Inactive

For offline traffic, I post flyers or business cards on every pin up corkboard I can find. I have also sponsored rec football and softball teams (team name and jerseys are my website), bumper stickers, T-shirts, and other things. I have fun with it. It would be a lot easier if it wasn’t gambling related, but you can still be creative.

For online traffic, SEO is by far the most important thing you can do to increase traffic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bet22,
    A good starting point for the organic site promotion would be to start exchanging links with relevant sites.
    I also recommend that you create a google siteamp to allow google better indexing of your content.

If you are interested in exchanging links you can contact me via my web site link exchange @ http://www.pokertippost.com/addLink.aspx

PokerTip

pokertippost.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s easy really…

Write original articles that your visitors will find useful.

I write all day and night to create new content for my ten sites. After nine months of this one or two sites are emerging from the Sandbox and getting very good Google SERP results.

I link a little, but my time is spent 95% writing and 5% linking. I believe the importance G places on linking will diminish (and, IMO should be ZERO).

LadyHoldem ideas above are good too–but that takes leg work and I am fat and lazy :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

A mix of SEO, PPC (but not much anymore as it truely is sucky traffic), forum postings, business sized postcards we hand out to everyone, linking with high quality relevant sites (yes for traffic as much as the PR). Voodoo is doing a great one (I assume to be article submission), a great source of traffic and Google does love all of the one-way links, plus the extra content for your site doesn’t hurt either. You should also consider having a newsletter that visitors can sign up for and receive regularly from you, make sure you have something worthwhile to say though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)