Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Got $500 to advertise, where should I put it?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

I’ve got well-incentivized poker offers, conversion seems high, relative to my low-levels of traffic. I have an ok site with info and affiliate codes for 12 poker sites.

My plan is to put almost all revenue into promotion for the first bit.. for now I’ve got $500 dollars allocated. Goal is to get some targetted traffic.

Was hoping for some suggestions as to where to put it.

Regards,

PS

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about some pay per click search engine marketing.
    There are still keywords that are not that expensive.
    Besides you’ll get targeted traffic.

Please pm me if you decide to do so and I’ll be happy to send you my affiliate code for the yahoo publishers network. Former overture.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PPC is expensive and not available in Overture and Adwords (the 2 places you really need to be to run a successful PPC campaign IMHO). For an effective off-brand PPC site even poker terms are well over a dollar per click, some as high as $30. Unless your conversion is unusually high, I wouldn’t go that route. You may want to play around with it a little bit, but don’t dump the whole $500 into a $30 per click campaign off the bat.

My suggestion is to optimize your site for the search engines and spend the money on high PR site links. For $500, you can buy a linke from a PR8 gambling related site for a few months that will increase your site strength (some call this PR, but that’s misguiding) and that increases your search engine rankings. Make sure you aren’t in the sandbox though, or else you will be wasting your money on links until you are out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think webber’s suggestion was a pretty good one. Getting high rankings on search engines will really make or break your site. In the long run, if you have a great ranking on google/yahoo…you will probably be successful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Give gonegambling ppc a whirl – not sure how it works but its an option as it is a popular site. Also, look into advertising on other popular portals. If you can get a link on a site thats already up top the serps for cheap enough it might be worth it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh didn’t know that
    :terms:

Anonymous
    Inactive

If your entire budget is $500 I would go to a roulette table and put it on Red. With that small of a budget it will be tough to make it in this industry.

Brian

Anonymous
    Inactive

pokersheperd,

I am not familiar with your site, but if you do not have your site optimized very highly for any keywords, I would spend a few bucks on an seobook. I know Randy has one that he always recommends.

As webber said, spend some money on buying some links from very relevant quality sites. There are plenty of webmasters selling some space, and I imagine this will take up a majority of your $500 budget.

Maybe take $100 of that and pay someone to write some quality articles and reviews for you, unless you want to do that yourself.

Good luck.

Mark
    http://www.focalclick.com

Anonymous
    Inactive
    islandmaan wrote:
    If your entire budget is $500 I would go to a roulette table and put it on Red. With that small of a budget it will be tough to make it in this industry.

Brian

I started this with $0 back 5 years ago but that was 5 years ago! :)
    Perhaps spend the money on booze and drugs rather than the roulette though. hahahaha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Learning all you can about SEO is the best thing to do on a low budget. You can do that for free. Books are good, but the situation changes all the time so books do become outdated quickly.

Thyre are not many good PPCs around anymore, but if you pick lots of low cost, low volume terms to bid on you may get a slow trickle of quality traffic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with the comment regarding whether the site was in google’s sandbox. Both of my sites are in there so i decided against paying $50 per month per link on well established sites, simply because a)just because sites have high PR they don’t necessarily have high traffic, and b)paying to increase your PR has no relevance until you are out of the sandbox in order to increase search engine rankings…it’s kind of like catch 22.

I also tried ppc on overture UK and wasn’t happy with the results. I got some of the top spots for some popular search terms but they didnt convert . It’s a good thing i kept a tight budget! But maybe thats just my experience with PC, don’t think I was too lucky.

I think the best thing if its a new site is to target MSN and realise it’s going to take some time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The best money I ever spent was the $300 to get Free Poker League listed on Yahoo directory, I got #1 for 2 major terms with it!!! Some tell me they don’t list gambling sites but I got in., (This was in Dec. 2004).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    allseeing wrote:
    I got some of the top spots for some popular search terms but they didnt convert .

Never buy top spots in PPC!

Your esteemed colleagues will click you and you get nothing, plus the fraud in those spots is a lot higher, plus there are lots of lookie-loos who just poke arond online and will not open their wallet.

You want low volume terms only. You will get much less and much better quality traffic and none of the problems above.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dominique

Completely agree which is why i packed the PPC in after 6 weeks. Besides i have a feeling that once you go the PPC route with Overture, yahoo makes you pretty much invisible (or devalues the site) in the organic searches even after the PPC has finished…just so you spend more, if you know what i mean.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i started using miva and it was costly. SEO is the way da go! Saves money its bringing in free targeted traffic and that to me is priceless! :3eyes:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)