Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Frontpage form help requested.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone who uses Microsoft Frontpage point me in the right direction? I built a form for visitors to sign up for a newsletter. I want the results from the form to go to my email. Whenever I fill in the form and hit submit, it says “Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page.” The extensions are installed on the server because my hit counter is working. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try uninstalling the extensions, upload the form again to your webserver and then reinstall the extensions again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks wufu110. I tried it but it didn’t help. Any other thoughts.
    Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are using Frontpage 2003, and your on Apache server, then your form will not work. Apache has anonymous uploads options turned off to prevent web server vulnerable to attack. Otherwise, anyone can potentially upload a file that can run malicious code on your site. You might want to ask your hosting provider if they do in fact have these options turned off and if so, can they suggest an alternative. Good luck :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

wufu110,
    Thanks for the information. I have just removed the form for now and will work on an alternative.

Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)