Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Coral T&C’s

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Watch out, they’ve just introduced (IMO) predatory T&C’s:

Revenue share will bepayable on the life time value of a player as long as the affiliate continues to promote the Coral brand and generates depositors. In the case where the affiliate ceases promotion of the Coral brand and therefore does not generate any new depositors for a period of more than 2 months, the client reserves the right to cease all payments of revenue share on life time value of players. In this case the publisher and the network would not receive commission or payment for the revenue generated after the 2 month non active period.”

A bad two months and years of hard work could be down the drain

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChrisB 200178 wrote:

Watch out, they’ve just introduced (IMO) predatory T&C’s:

Revenue share will bepayable on the life time value of a player as long as the affiliate continues to promote the Coral brand and generates depositors. In the case where the affiliate ceases promotion of the Coral brand and therefore does not generate any new depositors for a period of more than 2 months, the client reserves the right to cease all payments of revenue share on life time value of players. In this case the publisher and the network would not receive commission or payment for the revenue generated after the 2 month non active period.”

A bad two months and years of hard work could be down the drain

Well not really – it says ” In the case where the affiliate ceases promotion of the Coral brand and therefore does not generate any new depositors” so as long as you keep promoting them you’re ok.

That said, I’m dumping them. I won’t work with anyone who tells me I have to work with them forever to receive what’s due. I’m really p*ssed off as I just spent time 2 weeks ago adding them all over one of my sites, now I have to go remove them. :Cry: You don’t expect shady moves like this from a supposedly reputable brand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a quota.

If they for instance have a lot of player complaints at some time, and you want to pull them until this is solved, you will lose all your income from them.

Not good, quotas are never acceptable.

Gamer1

Hi all

Thanks for your comments and feedback.

Brand Conversions are seeking further clarification on this change, I will keep you all updated on this matter.

In the meantime if you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me, my direct details are listed below.

Kind regards

Jayms

T: +44 1603 595002
    E: jayms@brandconversions.com
    W: http://www.brandconversions.com

Gamer1

Hi Everyone

We wanted to write to follow up from the communication that was sent on Monday 16th March 2009 regarding the changes to the Coral terms and conditions in light of the feedback that we have received from a number of our affiliate partners.

The main reason why Coral wish to install such a clause is to stop life time remuneration when an affiliate has completely removed all Coral promotion on their sites.

In light of the feedback that we have received Brand Conversions and Coral have amended the statement as highlighted below:

“Revenue share will be on life time value. However to benefit from the revenue share on the life time value, publisher (affiliates) must promote the client’s brand and generate activity. In the case whereby a publisher is not promoting the client’s brands and therefore does not generate any new depositors during a period of more than 2 months, the client reserves the right to review individual cases and potentially cease all payments of revenue share on life time value.”

We will continue to invest time and energy into all of the affiliates that are actively promoting Coral and we very much hope that by providing these partners with our full support they will continue to deliver players and earn revenue from the programme long term. Please be assured that we are here to support you, we will be constantly monitoring activity and proactively contacting you to gain feedback to ensure that you have the right tools to promote Coral effectively.

In this current economic climate we understand that there may be a period where Coral is actively marketed to players but for reasons completely out of the affiliates control there are no registrations or new players delivered. We also appreciate that existing and future players that are sourced by affiliates are done so at the expense of the affiliate and we want to continue rewarding these affiliates with a share of the profit that these players generate. The aforementioned clause relates to affiliates that have ceased promotion of Coral and have removed all reference to Coral across their sites therefore generating no impressions or clicks.

In a specific instance whereby Coral wish to pursue this clause it would only apply to revenue share from new players referred from the 1st April 2009 onwards and would not apply to players that have been delivered to Coral by the affiliates under the existing agreement where life time revenue share is payable.

We are acutely aware that affiliates are the lifeblood of an affiliate programme and any changes that are made to the programme should never be at the detriment to these relationships.

If you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact me on 01603 595002.

Thanks for your time

Jayms Brooks
    Account Manager
    [FONT=&quot]Main:[/FONT] +44 (0) 1603 595002
    [FONT=&quot]Fax:[/FONT] +44 (0) 1603 702059
    [FONT=&quot]Website:[/FONT] http://www.brandconversions.com
    [FONT=&quot]Email:[/FONT] jayms@brandconversions.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is this an isolated incident or is it happening throughout the industry? Is Coral the only company that has changed its T&Cs like this? Or have other companies reneged on the “lifetime of the player” promise? How can a unilateral change to a contract even be legal?!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)