Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Content scraping – the final solution and reality check

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No your right the SE’s won’t allow them as per their own policies and guidelines. The SE’s have a tough time weeding them out. For instance, “a site whose sole purpose is to redirect” is a violation of these policies. greek39

Anonymous
    Inactive

What I was wanting to know about is why the SEs allow the redirects?

There are far more legitimate reasons to have redirects than there are illegitimate.

For every redirect to some lame ‘ad’ page there are over one hundred thousand redirects from some old dead page to a new ‘updated’ page or to a 404 or from a parked domain name.

So just how is a search engine going to determine if that redirect it just spotted is intended to send a user to some lame ‘sales’ page or is the redirect just forwarding the user past a dead page or unused domain?

Well they they can’t. Just like you and me, the search engines are not able to tell what the ‘intention’ of redirect is and redirects are essential for the smooth running of the Internet…

Anonymous

Hi again,

I don’t understand why the SEs don’t just have you update the page you wanted to change. That’s great, and necessary, but why send the surfer to another page that is an updated version of the page you got redirected from?

as for redirecting to another site: well I would think it shouldn’t be too tough for the surfer to simply click a link that says, “click here to go to where the site has been moved”?

as for 100s of 1000s of legit pages for every non-legit: …. I don’t know about that.

But I suppose it could be true (and it may be, but it doesn’t seem that way when I search)

all I know is that from strictly a user’s pov, if it were up to me; I’d gladly give up the legit redirects in trade for getting SE results that don’t make me have to literally (at times) have to click to the second page of results before I can get away from redirect ads. Especially if all it meant was that I’d have to click on a link that appeared saying I’d have to click to get to the updated info.

… very small price to pay.

But I suppose there are many other legit uses for redirects, but I truly cannot think of any reason that makes the use of a simple text link being clicked on ….. so terribly inconvenient that it makes the redirect look attractive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hate to say it Janet but most everything you have said on this thread is B.S. greek39/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Desist or I devuldge. greek39^*

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)