Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Can someone please inform me?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am seeing funny things happening when I do a search for my site at Yahoo. Using the search term absoluteaccents.com there a few of my listings that the TITLES are not as they appear on my pages, they appear in a lowercase title totally different from how shoud appear. Also, there are no descriptions and the page sizes are inflated.

These new results have just appeared recently and I am concerned that some of my pages have been stolen or hijacked or something. I don’t know anything about any of this as I am not a technical person. I looked all over the web in hopes of finding an answer to this mystery but was not able to find anything. :unhappy:

A few weeks ago my homepage was hacked and an iframe was inserted which would download a virus when loaded. Fortunately, my Norton discovered it and I removed it right away and changed my passwords. I don’t know if this is related in any way but I am very concerned.

I also use Statcounter and it has not worked properly for the last few days – not showing my referring links. I am thinking that this may also be caused by whatever is going on.

If anyone can offer any assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you said you were suspicious I would look closely at the counter code. Is it popular software? where did it come from? that is a good way to trick non-technical person into inserting malicious code on the server.

(no need to hack if you put the bad code into your webpage for them)

Anonymous
    Inactive

i am using statcounter.com – as far as i know they are legit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)