Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Bank Recommendations

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking for a new personal bank account in the US and was wondering if anyone had advice on what’s better…going with a local bank or one of the big guys. Will need to be able to deposit international checks from some affiliate programs, so don’t want any difficulties there, not sure if that even matters to the banks, or maybe the big guys are better equipped to process those checks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My suggestion is the local guys on the corner or in the neighborhood. Get to know them and let them know up front about the international transfers and you should be okay.

I use the big boys for personal accounts just to have more than one bank to work with.

vladcizsol

Good Thread:hattip:

Moving to Private Industry Discussions area (No use tipping off the wrong people about banks who are providing good services and honoring our personal rights)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@webber286 157211 wrote:

Looking for a new personal bank account in the US and was wondering if anyone had advice on what’s better…going with a local bank or one of the big guys. Will need to be able to deposit international checks from some affiliate programs, so don’t want any difficulties there, not sure if that even matters to the banks, or maybe the big guys are better equipped to process those checks.

From my experience with my smaller, local bank, certain checks they’ll charge $30 for and require filling out some paperwork usually when it has to be converted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info so far. The other point I was thinking of is that the big guys would be more familiar with international payments, and will have such a high flow of business, they won’t have the time to hassle me. Whereas a smaller bank might be more challenged to make these transactions. Again, not really sure, that’s why I’m asking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use Banco Popular. Being the bank of Puerto Rico the see alot of international transactions and dont freak out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)