Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Another question – PayPal Fees – U.S. Verification, etc.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hendermary

Hi again everyone,

Another question I wanted to throw out there to anyone who has had experience with it.

When advertisers pay via PayPal, I see that sometimes PayPal takes a fee and sometimes they don’t. From what I understand, it has to do with whether the person (not me, the advertiser) is U.S. verified (no fee) or not (fee).

Problem is when I quote an advertising rate, I have no idea if a fee will be assessed or not, as the advertiser doesn’t identify where they’re from.

According to industry standard, who is supposed to cover the costs of fees? I.E., If I charge $50 for something, I wanna be sure I get a full $50 and not $47.50 or something like that. The problem only compounds if they can only pay in euros or pounds, as PayPal will convert the money for you, but at a low exchange rate…

What’s the best/common practice? Obviously, with larger amounts and size of the fee only increases, and it’ll start to add up over time…

Your answers/help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Robbie

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cardplayerlifestyle 232178 wrote:

When advertisers pay via PayPal

Who does this?

Usually the person selling something includes the cost of transaction. When you pay for something with your credit card, the merchant is covering the fee obviously. But I’m not really sure tbh.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cardplayerlifestyle 232178 wrote:

Hi again everyone,

Another question I wanted to throw out there to anyone who has had experience with it.

When advertisers pay via PayPal, I see that sometimes PayPal takes a fee and sometimes they don’t. From what I understand, it has to do with whether the person (not me, the advertiser) is U.S. verified (no fee) or not (fee).

Problem is when I quote an advertising rate, I have no idea if a fee will be assessed or not, as the advertiser doesn’t identify where they’re from.

According to industry standard, who is supposed to cover the costs of fees? I.E., If I charge $50 for something, I wanna be sure I get a full $50 and not $47.50 or something like that. The problem only compounds if they can only pay in euros or pounds, as PayPal will convert the money for you, but at a low exchange rate…

What’s the best/common practice? Obviously, with larger amounts and size of the fee only increases, and it’ll start to add up over time…

Your answers/help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Robbie

Do either or,, State in your sales thread that buyer pays fees, or just add a few $$ extra to the price.

sezni

From what I understand, it has to do with whether the person (not me, the advertiser) is US verified (no fee) or not (fee). Problem is when I quote an advertising rate, I have no idea if a fee will be assessed or not, as the advertiser doesn’t identify where they’re from. According to industry standard, who is supposed to cover the costs of fees?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)