Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

A bit miffed

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I’ve had my site up and running for the last 2 months and seen a reasonable amount of paid for traffic but not had one single conversion.

I like to think my traffic is well targeted (Adwords, Bing and Facebook) and I take them straight to the page they expect to see when clicking through and I have clear call to action on every single page to either join my site to receive my weekly newsletter and exclusive bonuses.

The content is up to date and relevant, it’s pleasant on the eye and has received compliments from a couple of other affiliates, so I’m not concerned about that.

So I’m a bit miffed as to why I have absolutely zero conversions.

The one thing I do consider may be the issue is that I have only reviewed and listed the more reputable operators and most people may already have an account with them?

I’ve tested my links by opening an account with every single operator and they are being tracked.

Any advice on what I should consider or reconsider?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

look at the actual sources of traffic. What keywords did you use to get them in, how long is the average on-site time? Are you delivering what your advertizing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the site URL?

gokken

What you’ve shared is vague at best. What’s a reasonable amount of traffic? FIK :huh:
    If you want people’s help then pony up with information that can actually be used to assist you. That also includes the URL!

@allfreechips 247557 wrote:

look at the actual sources of traffic. What keywords did you use to get them in, how long is the average on-site time? Are you delivering what your advertizing?

I’ll add, especially with regard to FB and that’s click fraud. I think CAP has an article on this somewhere. A UK company claims it was getting hammered by bots.

If what allfreechips discussed; especially the bold text, and all this pans out, then I’d be studying my log files, time spent on site and bounce rates too.

Cheers

Dave

Yep, not impressed with Facebook traffic. Although your product/service might be in their interests on their profile, they aren’t searching for your topic and it’s more shouting at them rather than intent-driven.

The ads take the visitor through to the article the ad relates to, so it is relevant. If it’s a 50 free spins promo, for example, it will take them straight to that article.

It might sound naive, but who is creating the click fraud on Facebook? I can understand rogue publishers with your ads on, but could that happen through Facebook…?

I thought the figures below weren’t catastrophic, but do they highlight anything particularly significant?

Pages/visit 4.99
    Avg duration of visit 5:39
    % New Visits 60.18%
    Bounce Rate 54.05%

Will Bounce Rate include those that click through a Facebook banner onto my article and then out again to the operator? If so, I guess I have to look at the exit traffic?

This is overall. If I breakdown into the ideal traffic (ie, non US/UK only) then the figures are a bit better.

I might sound clueless, but I’m only just learning about this stuff, so bear with me!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, additionally, what does (direct)/(none) mean in traffic sources?

Figures for Google/organic and Facebook, Bing etc all seem ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still not listing the URL?

I’m just being a bit cautious at the moment as I’m still in full time employment in a similar field. It’s very likely my colleagues read this forum and they will be able to associate it with me :)

gokken

Some people are claiming up to 80% click fraud on FB.

I’m not going to do all your research for you but here is a starter:
    Should Facebook Advertisers Be Conducting Click Fraud Audits?

Used Google and ST FaceBook Click Fraud got me the above URL and many others too. Forbes is even in there.

In so far as your other PPC campaigns, I’ve always concentrated organic searches because nothing is there to prevent what’s happen here with you, and what’s happened to others in the past. I’d rather spend my cash on high quality copywriters and such and take my chances in the SERPS.

Cheers

Dave

wbprofits

I would think over 80% for click fraud .Alot of this came out after the stock went public !

PS want to buy a bot for it :shhh:

Hmmmmm. Thanks Dave.

This definitely reinforces my reluctance to continue with FB. As that article mentioned, even getting support is a bloody nightmare. Whereas Bing Ads and Google Adwords reps pro actively contacted me to assist and get my campaigns up and running.

Initially all my Bing ads were not being approved, but they admitted there was no reason and managed to stop the notifications coming through.

And I’d seen thousands spent a month on FB with my previous employer who then dumped them when they raised their minimum spend to £10k for a managed service.

Facebook bubble already burst? Looks like it!

LOL: from the Forbes article:

Q: What can advertisers do themselves to identify or prevent click fraud?
    A: We are committed to partnering with our advertisers to continually optimize their return on investment from the ads they run with us. We encourage advertisers to measure and track both their campaign performance and the traffic resulting from their campaigns, and to contact us with any questions.

​Good luck with that one!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)